Friday, April 26, 2013

THE WHITE QUILT

This is the first installment of the saga of my all white quilt. It was planned and started several years ago. It is a log cabin which is my absolute fave traditional pattern. 

Just about everything I make gets a name and my white quilt had a name from the very beginning: "My Mansion In The Sky, Crystal River Running By".  Even the quilting was planned. The sashing and borders all around the "log cabins" would be quilted to represent The Crystal River in Revelations 22:1. 

I started picking up white on white prints and when I had several, cut the 2 1/2" logs for my cabin blocks.

 Along with the white prints, lace strips were also cut to be inserted here and there in the blocks-white laces, or course. 

There was a beautiful white on white print with large roses. The roses were fussy cut for the center squares to represent  Jesus Christ who is "The Rose of Sharon" in Solomon 2:1 and who is the center of my life. 


"My Mansion" quilt kit could now be put into a basket to be kept handy by my chair, or ready to pick up and take with if I needed something to work on.  [I keep a project ready to grab that I can work on if there are going to be long periods in waiting rooms, etc. Right now there is a bag of yarn with pattern, scissors and hooks for a crocheted vest that I am working on. It has been worked on as my son is going through cancer treatment. I can't stand not doing anything, my hands just itch to be busy].   

Some of the blocks were chain pieced by machine, some by hand as I watched tv at home and some as my husband was in treatment for cancer and during his hospital stays.

And this is when I lost my white quilt. More on that later.

I hope you enjoy quilting and crafting as much as I do. 
God bless you,
Carolyn Wainscott 
____________________________

I live in a very rural area so online classes at www.Craftsy.com have made it possible for me to finesse old and learn new skills. I am thinking I will try the serger class next. I have had my serger for over 20 years and love it. It has had much, much use but there is so much more that can be done. 

There are classes available for just about everything sewy/crafty from cake decorating to beadwork, something for everyone. See you there.
______________________________


Have you checked out My Pattern Store on Craftsy @

No comments:

Post a Comment