Tuesday, September 22, 2015

QUICK AND EASY CONTINUOUS PRAIRIE POINTS

It is hard to believe it has been almost 4 years ago that I did 3 videos for making continuous prairie points and they are some of my most viewed. My tutorials are on FaveCrafts.com, FaveQuilts.com, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com as well as my own channel. The prairie point tutorials had been requested by the editor of FaveQuilts.

 As with most things I do, the continuous prairie point using one fabric led to continuous prairie points with 2 fabrics and since I liked that look so much, decided to try 3 or 4 fabrics-thus-3 prairie point videos. When searching in my list of blogs though, I don't know why as was my habit that I didn't write a post other than things were getting intense at that time with my husband's health. There were times I don't know how I got anything done except that my crafting helps me keep my sanity when things are crumbling all around. Looking at the dates, these tutorials were produced in Nov/Dec, 2011. He passed away 7 months later in June, 2012.   

I just checked the # of views and my ego just has to share-#1 has been viewed over 75,000 times, #2 over 9000 and #3 over 9000. I am thrilled and so appreciate all those who have taken the time to watch this little old lady quilter who loves what she does. 



  
A couple of viewers have shared what they have created such as Linda who made her daughter a Christmas tree skirt that was finished with prairie points. Thank you, Linda, if you see this for sending this photo.




and another Linda who contacted me after watching the videos with her idea for making a pillow with prairie points. I asked her to send a photo and she did. My Granny used to say "Carolyn, thar's more than one way to skin a cat" and she was right and there is more than one way to use prairie points. Linda came up with a use I had never thought about. Thank you for sharing, Linda.



Thank you for joining me today, may the joy of crafting be with you and God bless you
Carolyn 

on Facebook 
@
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carolyns-Canvas-Quilting-Crafting-Sewing/151145938331115
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHECK OUT MY QUILT AND CRAFT PATTERNS IN MY ETSY SHOP:

ETSY
@
https://www.etsy.com/shop/QuiltingCarolyn

_________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment