Tuesday, December 16, 2014

HOW TO MAKE COUNTRY LOOK GARLAND USING HOMESPUN FABRIC

One of my tutorials on the internet site, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com, showed how to make a country look garland using homespun fabrics. Homespun frays easily and is a favorite in making ragged quilts. It is warm and comfortable as flannel and comes in all those nice homey looking plaids.

The great thing about the homespun garland-it can be left up all year round if you wish. It can be used on wreaths, trees, or what have you.


The garland is easy as pie to make [well maybe sometimes pie isn't so easy but, trust me, this garland is easy to do]. 

Lay out the homespun and cut into strips the width you might want. I chose 4" and you can see from photo how it shrunk so take that into consideration if you want a wider look after the whole process is over.


For long strips, sew cut strips together end to end, fringe and gather. I chose to gather over a length of yarn which gives more stability if needed. My video shows setting two fabrics together as it is gathered but a single layer can also be done.


The process can stop here if you want but my strips were dampened and thrown into dryer-it's up to you. 

Here is the video if you have time to take a quick look:

Happy crafting
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
check out my patterns in my Craftsy.com store:
http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/43851




1 comment:

  1. Carolyn, you are amazing! Thanks for all the joy you give us in sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete