Friday, February 20, 2015

MY COMPETITION PROJECTS ARE DONE!


                            My last post on February 14 showed the craft items from the swag bag from Prime Publishing I had chosen to use in the 

Well, my projects are done and being submitted. Voting starts on February 25 and is open until March 4, 2015. There is one vote per person so I hope you will vote for my creations. I will be sent a link to the site for voting and will post that. 

From the Fairfield interfacings and backings this Victorian hat with matching lace fingerless gloves was created from drafting my own pattern to machine and hand sewing then to the fun of decorating to my heart's content. 



Great, granddaughter, Hannah loved modeling for me.

 look at those eyes


                                                                      This Steampunk style hat with matching fingerless gloves was designed around the brass metal sheet roll from MD Hobby & Craft in the swag bag.  A purchased hat was used.
-front-

-back-

-side back-

-with matching fingerless gloves-

This is Hannah's favorite set and wants to know what I am going to do with it. 

-back-


sassy little girl
                             
Complete instructions and video tutorials are forthcoming for both hats if you are interested in making either one or both. I truly enjoyed creating both, especially for this challenge of using random products. The pattern for the Victorian hat will be in My Pattern Store @ http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/43851 when I get it into an understandable form. I know how I did it but trying to explain that to someone else is sometimes a problem for me. That is the reason I try to make a video for each of my patterns. I'm always afraid I don't have things explained clear enough and it is easier for me to show than tell. 

Happy crafting and sewing
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out my patterns in My Pattern Store  @

http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/43851


enlarged 50" by 50" Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt pattern, includes traditional 12" block pattern

            Reversible girl's cape pattern, matching doll cape pattern available                   
    
queen sized Dresden Plate pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment