Tuesday, January 26, 2016

LATEST ARTICLE IN CHEAP EATS & THRIFTY CRAFTS: DOWNTON ABBEY INSPIRED VEST

I love the Downton Abbey series fashions. While watching one episode a beautiful coat with black embroideries caught my fancy. 


When asked by the editor of Cheap Eats & Thrifty Crafts if I could come up with something kind of vintagy I thought of that coat and what  could be made fairly quickly and easily. A vest came to mind with lace appliques. I had helped my great, granddaughter, Korah, make her graduation dress using black lace appliques so since I still had some of the lace, why not?




 I am very pleased with how the vest turned out and the ease it was to make. Here is the link to my video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9wmoUBurs4

Here is the article with full instructions for turning a sweatshirt into an elegant lacy vest. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

http://www.cheapeatsthriftycrafts.com/downton-abbey-dress-recycled-craft/

May the joy of crafting be upon you and God bless you and yours

Carolyn Wainscott  

No comments:

Post a Comment