Thursday, October 6, 2011

WAITING FOR A BOX OF SCRAPS

You would think I didn't have a yard of fabric to my name as I sit here anxiously waiting for someone I don't even know to send me a box of scraps and leftovers from her [his?] projects.

There are shelves of fabric in my sewing room-piles of fabric pulled with patterns assigned and in line for my next projects close to the cutting table-yarns and crochet hooks in the basket next to my chair with a book of downloaded and picked up patterns at hand to be worked on while watching tv. So it's not as though I had nothing to do or to work with.

Now, really! What is wrong with this picture? Waiting for a box of scraps for possibly my next project if I can figure out what to do with a hodge podge of fabrics I may not even like. But I am not alone. There are other odd ducks out there waiting for their boxes, too.

The gauntlet was thrown down by Sissy's Sewing on Facebook and some of us picked it up. We are going to see what, if anything, we can do with someone else's scraps. You still have til October 8, 2011 if you think you would like to join in the challenge. Just go to Sissy's Sewing and submit your name. I wish I had thought about writing this a couple of weeks ago but too much has been going on.

I'm wondering if anyone else had as much trouble getting rid of their fabrics as I did. I put something in the stack, take some out, put some in, grab that little piece-I might need that for something special. It was really pitiful. I'm glad friend, Mary, was not here to see me sneaking a snippet out like it was too precious to let go of. I know some of you understand, don't you?

I finally got the box ready to send and so help me, a few minutes ago, I went over and stole a piece of red from Teresa's box. I hope she won't mind. Teresa, in Tennesee, is the name assigned to me to send my box to. While I was writing this my daughter called me with a project for me to do for a friend and I really might need that fabric with the gold stars, sorry, Teresa, honey. It really is just a smidgeon.

My box of scraps, soon to be on its way to Tennessee. Stay tuned to the saga of the box of scraps. Become more acquainted with some of them in this video.

I am looking forward to this challenge. I have never participated in one before. I can't wait to see what everyone creates. I hope to have photos here of each creation with their permission.

God bless all of you,
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment