Saturday, March 31, 2012

Little Girls Love To Dress Up

My sister told a coworker that I have made matching outfits for my little girls and their dolls so I get the phone call to see if I would make them for her daughter. She wanted something really frilly and girly and there wasn't anything in the Doll catalog that she wanted.

This is what I have some up with:







The blue gingham check pinafores have coordinating crocheted headbands with large yoyos and tiny pink rosebuds while the burgundy outfits have lacy crocheted beanies with frayed fabric flowers.

I spent hours just ruffling all the yards of fabric and tulle for the pinafore skirts. I really love my ruffler. I decided on the pinafore style because the way it is constructed, it will go between 2 sizes and is a easy fit and just needs a little knit top or blouse.

When I get around to it, I hope to make a video showing the way these are made. They are so cute, they are well worth the effort and not really hard to do.

I do know that if sis's coworker doesn't like these, I have 3 great granddaughters that will love to have them. That was another reason for making them in these sizes-Ashlynn, Jenna and Hannah can all wear them and they just love to dress up.

Check out my doll patterns in my Craftsy pattern store if you are making doll clothes. Just follow the link on the right. There is a step by step video for each of them here and they are a perfect project for a beginner sewist. Future plans are for videos showing how to combine the patterns to create an endless doll wardrobe of mix and match.


Thanks for stopping by.
Carolyn Wainscott