Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A MINIATURE SHOE +WIRED RIBBON+BATTING EQUALS A MINIATURE PINCUSHION

I think this is one of the cutest pincushions. I guess the main reason is that I love shoes.  This is one of several that I made a few years ago. The others all sold in a gift consignment shop. It is only about 3 inches long and they make wonderful gifts and they are useful. I also like pincushions and have several in strategic places all over the house-by each machine and by my chair since I do handwork there. 

For these shoe pincushions, I plugged in the hot glue gun, poured out a bunch of buttons, beads and anything else that suited my fancy, made some small pincushions to go in the little shoes and had a great time decorating each differently. The pincushion is super simple but here is a video just in case: 


Speaking of pincushions-the group:
has a pincushion swap scheduled that you might want to participate in. In fact, there are several things that are a lot of fun you might enjoy. 

I am still laughing over a group discussion last night. One gal had worked all day on a felt fur [yep, that is what she said]-now get this-bikini. she said when she got done it looked like Chubucca from Star Wars grew from her crotch. Needless to say, I almost had to pick up my teeth off the floor and me with a bruised rib trying not to laugh. I asked her to please NOT post a photo-I don't think the world is ready. 

I have several projects planned that go right along with some of the swaps and challenges so I fit right in. Wanda, the leader of the pack keeps everyone hopping. I love doing all kinds of crafting, it has been my therapy in many hard times and being part of a group like this where you can ask questions of others when you run across a problem is wonderful.

God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott

Have you checked out all the online crafting classes @ www.Craftsy.com? 


No comments:

Post a Comment