Saturday, February 16, 2013

ONLINE QUILTING/SEWING CLASSES



  • I have never taken a online class until today. There was a link in my email the other day from www.Craftsy.com for the Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z class and I didn't delete because I wanted to take a look so today I took some time to download it. The price was right-free-and free is good. That is the second reason I took advantage of the class.


    Now you would think that as many years as I have sewn  I would know all about sewing machine feet and there are a few in my attachment box that I use all the time-zipper foot, 1/4" foot, zig zag foot, my trusty free motion quilting foot and my real love-the ruffling foot. but there are others used only on occasion-flat felled foot, cording foot, rolled hem foot, beading foot, etc. 

     I have not taken the time to sit down and practice with some of them so I thought I would take the online class-maybe that would get me to take those unused feet out of retirement. I got the rolled hem foot to use in my doll clothes and I love embellishing my work so the beading and cording feet are great for that but I haven't played with them for a while. I do use the ruffler a lot for the doll and great granddaughters' clothes.  Now I know the right machine feet make a more professional finish but it seems I'm in too great a hurry all the time just to get done that there is no time to practice.  

    So-an online class, in my own living room, in my own favorite chair, in my favorite warm sweats, in my own time frame, with a hot cup of coffee-perfect. Its like having a private tutor. Stop and rewind the demonstration if needed. I could have set the computer by my sewing machine and sewn along if I had wanted. Needless to say, I am a fan of online classwork. 

    In fact, I even signed up for another class on paper piecing. This one isn't free but I have been wanting to do some paper piecing so I treated myself to this class. I will do this in my own official classroom with the computer next to my sewing machine so I can work along with my private tutor. Oh, I will have on my favorite sweats and my cup of coffee will be right there and it will still be in my time frame. I always loved learning and am going to thoroughly enjoy the paper piecing class. Who knows, I may become a perennial student at the ripe old age of 73.

    Here is the class I'm taking. If my homework isn't too decrepit, I'll use it for Show & Tell.


    There is a big sale on classes @
    covering just about any craft you want to begin or refine. 

    Did you know you can show your handwork off @ www.Craftsy.com? It's a Show & Tell 24/7 whether you quilt, paint, knit, sew, crochet, garden, bake, or what have you-every homemaking art and homemaking is an art. Go on over and take a look around.

    I hope you enjoy quilting, sewing and crafting as well as I do. God bless you,
    Carolyn Wainscott


No comments:

Post a Comment