Monday, February 25, 2013

SINCE I CAN'T WEAR THOSE LOVELY MINIATURE SHOES----

Good Mornin', Folks

Not even my little toe would fit into those miniature shoes and I soooo love shoes. My wearables at one time included spiked heels that I wore most days, knee high leather boots with-again-high heels, plaid shoes, fabric covered shoes to match the outfits that I made, suede shoes, red shoes, blue shoes, etc., etc., etc.

Now, the closest thing to those high fashion days are the miniature shoes since my mode of dress is completely different. I am retired, I love comfort, I love being home and gym shoes are in, especially since my leg was broken in a wreck several years ago and it takes offence at wearing anything higher than a low wedge. 

So, those cute miniature shoes-I ended up with several vintage looking ones and decided to make pin cushions with them.  See http://carolynscanvas.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-miniature-shoe-wired-ribbonbatting for those. 

There was one shoe left and I decided to make a ring holder using that one. It was as quick and easy as the pincushion had been and serves a useful purpose also. I like useful creations, not dust catchers and both of these are that, make wonderful gifts and are great sellers at craft fairs. 

Here is the way the ring holder was put together with just the shoe and some wired ribbon:
I loved going through my vintage buttons and beads to decorate each differently. It took longer to decide what went on each than to do the construction-but it was fun. 

Have you checked out all the online classes on www.Craftsy.com. Here is a link to free classes being offered right now-get on over there, you may find something that suits your fancy:

QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013

Have a happy quilting/crafting day
God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott



No comments:

Post a Comment