Sunday, February 3, 2013

Doll Hoodie-Another Design from Hannah's Closet

The doll hoodie has been planned for months now along with several other designs and there was an almost completed video I didn't remember doing. I really think this GrannySaurus has lost it. There were even a couple of samples already done. To refresh my memory, I threw together another hoodie in a wild stripe lined with yellow to match some yellow tights I was working on also. They were both done in jig time. For you young whippersnappers that means fast.

The hoodie is like all other designs from Hannah's Closet-reversible, quick and easy. I love making doll clothes for my great granddaughters' dolls but hate all the small, time consuming pieces so I came up with this  method of making all the mix and match separates reversible. As my Granny used to say: "Kill two birds with one stone". Not only do you have two pieces in one, it is done much more quickly and easily. 

Hannah's Closet doll clothes patterns are available @ http://www.craftsy.com/user/43851/pattern-store. For the how to video, go to:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVcE3u7ydU. 







 Hannah's Closet patterns are great beginner projects. My great granddaughter, Hannah, wants me to teach her how to sew and these are some things I plan to start her on. I have taught my grandchildren to sew as they sat on my lap at the machine and now I have a third generation to pass on the art of sewing.  They only take a smidge of fabric and can be made from recycled clothing so would be a very economical way to start. 

God bless you and happy crafting
Carolyn Wainscott


No comments:

Post a Comment