Tuesday, June 7, 2011

& MORE QUICK, QUIRKY STUFF-BANDANNA W/ BEADS NECK PIECE +++

This bandanna neck piece is really cute and only takes a little while to make. Just add some coordinating pony beads and stuff with, of all things, cotton balls, and you are good to go. I have always made these with left over batting or pillow stuffing but thought I would try cotton balls and they work really well and are all uniform in size. 
Just cut the bandanna according to instructions in the video, string on the beads and fill space with cotton ball to create fabric bead. 
Have fun with this one, the possibilities are endless. 

THE BANDANNA NECKPIECE 

The next piece is put together the same way as the bandanna neckpiece but uses lace ribbon. It has a Victorian look and feel and looks great with little summer dresses.

THE VICTORIAN LACE NECKPIECE

These neck pieces are popular bizarre items, don't take long to make and are not expensive to make.
------------------
MY FAVORITE RECIPES
[they have to be quick, easy and really good]
To continue sharing my favorite, quick recipes that are favorites with my family and friends, I am including the following "Impossible Cheesecake" that, again, I have been making for years. I have never had a failure with this recipe. Mixed in one container-my blender, pour into a baking dish and that's it.
I had my first cheesecake at my friend's house when I was in grade school and thought it was the best ever but until I found this recipe by Bisquick in a magazine, none ever compared with my first cheesecake and it fits right into my criteria of quick and easy. I have the original little booklet that is dog eared it has been used. It has other "impossible" recipes that I have tried also and like every one. Each recipe makes its own crust.
If you like cheesecake, you need to try this one:

THE IMPOSSIBLE CHEESECAKE BY BISQUICK
3/4 CUP SUGAR
1/2 CUP BISQUICK BAKING MIX
2 EGGS
2 PACKAGES [8 OZS. EACH] CREAM CHEESE, CUT INTO 1-INCH CUBES AND SOFTENED
2 TEASPOONS VANILLA
1/2 TEASPOON GRATED LEMON PEEL
-CHEESECAKE TOPPING [BELOW-THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE CHEESECAKE GREAT]-
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.
Place all ingredients except topping in blender container. Blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to stir, until smooth, about 3 minutes. 
[Or beat in large bowl on high speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl constantly, 2 minutes.]
Pour into plate.
Bake until just puffed and center is dry, about 30 minutes. [Do not overbake.]
Spread Cheesecake Topping carefully over top as soon as it comes out of oven. Cool.
Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours. Serve with sweetened fresh fruit if desired. 
CHEESECAKE TOPPING
mix:
 1 cup dairy sour cream 
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

I have taken this cheesecake to all kinds of gatherings and it is always a hit.
---------------------

Happy Homemaking and God bless each of you
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment