Monday, November 4, 2013

My Next Chapter

My last post here was in June. A lot has happened, a lot has changed, my life has moved into another chapter. 

My husband passed in June, 2012 after 55 years of marriage. In the months before his death my crafting, sewing, writing was scaled down to almost nothing so I could take care of him and hasn't picked up much since. 

I needed to sell our home because it was too much for me to take by myself and my children and grandchildren wanted me to move back to Ohio. Things didn't move as quickly as we would have liked but I did get moved a couple of months ago and we are still getting settled. 

My daughter spent months house shopping to find the perfect house and I spent months trying to keep my home straight enough to show [this is a person who is not the greatest housekeeper in the world, a great homemaker, but not housekeeper. When sewing or crafting, everything seems to get pulled out, dug through, piled up. I am much better at making messes than cleaning them up]

After seeing lots and lots of houses, when  we pulled up into the driveway of this home, I told her this was the one before we even got to the door. 

I wanted: a porch for my rocking chairs and a swing, my former home had a porch-as you can see it has my porch. 
                       a separate bedroom off to myself-the brick addition on the back is just that with its own bathroom and entrance.
 After living in the middle of 8 acres in complete privacy and quiet, I wanted a yard [no condo!!] and no busy street-there is a 1/2 acre yard with lots of trees and here is the street-no through traffic.
We needed lots of space [we'll go into that later]-the home has 5 bedrooms, family room, dining room, living room, a full basement and a wonderful kitchen.


And of course, there has to be space for my crafting/sewing with preferably no steps. I will be using the garage. For now-this is my studio:

 my long arm quilter is under there somewhere


 there is a sofa bed under the plastic [supposed to be leaving soon]

 there are 2 dressers here [they are on Craigslist-hope to get rid of them soon]


I had high hopes of getting everything in place and back to business in a few weeks but it is taking a little longer than anticipated. There are many boxes in the basement also that will have to be brought up when I get this done. It will be so good to get all my treasures back out and in eyesight to work with. 


 There is a great, granddaughter due in March so I started this afghan for her and purchased more yarn the other day so I can be doing something. This is a bulky, really soft yarn that I haven't worked with before but it will be beautiful. The other yarns are just 4 ply in shades of pink and white for a sweater set and matching afghan. 

Here is the view from my window


These are the first few pages in the next chapter of the continuation of my life.
I have a wonderful home.  I have good health. I am blessed with my children, daughters-in-law, grandchildren and great grandchildren. 

God is good.
Carolyn Wainscott

____________________

Have you checked out Craftsy? It is a wonder world of classes in any craft you can think of, patterns by independent designers and a showcase for your creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment